At Eastfield Academy we believe it is vital to foster close links between home and school. Parents play an integral part in this process.
The school operates an ‘open door’ policy. Parents are invited to contact the Class Teacher whenever they wish to discuss anything concerning their child and meetings can be arranged over the telephone or by letter at mutually convenient times. Parents and carers also have the opportunity to speak to their children’s class teachers directly when the classroom doors open daily at 8:40am if they need to pass on important information.
As well as informal visits, parents will have the opportunity to attend the school on two formal evenings to discuss their child’s progress and to view their work. The first consultation is usually held in October. This occasion gives parents and teachers the opportunity to discuss the new year group and the period of ‘settling in’. A second parents’ evening is held in the Spring Term, usually in March. In July the annual written report is sent home and parents are invited into school to look at their child’s work as part of an informal open evening.
Click here to see our latest Ofsted report for which we received a 'Good'.
Click here to view our most recent KS2 results data.
Soon after your child joins Eastfield Academy, you will be asked to sign the following agreements:
- Home/School Agreement. This document stipulates the responsibilities of the school, the parents and the child in order to ensure that school is an enjoyable experience and that every child achieves his/her full potential.
- Internet Agreement. Using the internet is part of the National Curriculum for Key Stage 2, though parental consent is required. The internet agreement stipulates the skills the children will learn and the controls that the school has put in place.
- Locality Agreement. This document gives parental permission for the children to be taken on walks in the locality during the school day. This document covers your child’s time in the school.
- Photographs Agreement. This form allows photographs of your child to be taken for displays in school and occasionally in the local press.
Paid for After School Club
We run an after school club every school day until 5:30pm. Places cost £6 per child per session and places need to be booked in advance at the school office.
Click here to see an example of the activities taking place in this club.
Eastfield Academy’s Breakfast Club is open to all school age pupils from 8am each school day. The cost is £2 per child per session and places must be booked in advance at the school office. At breakfast club, pupils can enjoy a healthy breakfast as well as the opportunity to mix and play with friends.
Family & Pastoral Support Worker
The Family & Pastoral Support Worker is based in school to provide both parents and children with additional support, and aims to provide greater access to life opportunities and choices for children and their families. They:
- Provide individual consultations, advice, home visits and support in accessing other agencies for parents.
- Help to organise and run classes and clubs for children and adults.
- Provide one to one and group support for children. Some examples are self esteem, bereavement, friendships and anger management.
- Check attendance and provides support in improving children’s attendance and punctuality.
You can contact Sarah Lord on 01604 405042 (select option 3) with any questions or concerns you may have.
Click for information about:
Links to the school's Ofsted reports
Performance Data 2016/2017